Barely 24 hours after the Nigeria Center for Disease Center (NCDC) disclosed that two confirmed cases of COVID-19 have been recorded in Kogi, the state Government has rejected the new data.
Recall that NCDC in its data released for Wednesday, May 27 said two cases of Coronavirus have been recorded in Kogi state that was hitherto free of the disease.
Reacting to the new state via a press statement, the Kogi State Commissioner of Health, Saka Haruna Audu said the state government has developed “full testing capacity” and “conducted hundreds of tests” which have come back negative. The government says they would not be party to any ”fictitious COVID-19 claims”
“Kogi State till this very moment is Covid-19 free. We have developed full testing capacity and have conducted hundreds of tests so far which have come back negative.
We have also continued to insist that we will not be a party to any fictitious COVID-19 claims which is why we do not recognise any COVID-19 test conducted by any Kogite outside the boundaries of the State except those initiated by us.
Any attempt to force us to announce a case of COVID-19 will be vehemently rejected.” he said
The commissioner asked residents of the state to continue to take all necessary precautions to prevent a spread of the disease.